Pages

Thursday 12 September 2013

Autumn Wish List: Back To School Edition

This September is probably the last time ever that I will be heading back to school. Although not technically 'school' next Monday I will be making my way to BPP University of Law to study the Legal Practice course - the final academic stage of becoming a solicitor. 
I'm feeling all the usual nerves and anxieties of starting at a new place, making new friends and meeting new tutors. But, as ever, I am also very excited about going 'back to school'.
I love going to class, studying in the library, highlighting my notes (yes, I'm a bit of a nerd), and this year it's going to be even better because I'm in London, and there's a Superdrug just round the corner from Uni, so I can treat myself to a new nail polish after a hard day!

Anyway, here is my 'back to school' wish list for Autumn 2013...

Untitled #34

First and foremost: a new OPI nail polish. For me, OPI offer something special and they are my favourite polish brand. I always get a kick out of their funny names! My polish choice for Autumn 2013 is My Private Jet, this polish first came to my attention a year or so ago when watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians and Kim was trying to buy it. It's a deep brown hue with a silver glimmer. Originally I wanted to buy Baby It's 'Coal' Outside which is very similar in colour but with a more black base - however I just could not find that colour anywhere online without having to fork out £30 and up!! So, after a little research I decided to go for My Private Jet and at £6.50 with free delivery from Ebay I thought it was a jolly good deal.

I came across this necklace in the Accessorize store right by Tower Bridge. I think that this necklace is one of those items that you know you need to have because it's so you. You must know what I mean, there are a few items, be it clothes, jewellery or shoes but they call out to you from the shop shelves and they suit your personal style so well that you feel like you must have owned it before in a previous life. I'll stop there before I'm reported for mental health issues but, this necklace is gorgeous. So simple and understated, and when those three balls catch the light they really sparkle! 

Backpacks. I've always had issues with backpacks, I feel like such a dweeb wearing one. But, alas, my shoulders can no longer take the strain of carrying multiple textbooks, a laptop, papers and pens all on one shoulder. Finally, after 8 years I will be returning to school in September with a backpack, rather than a handbag. For my return to the backpack club I decided to go for an Eastpak bag, just as I did all those years ago. I love love love the pattern of the bag above, but it's very similar to my winter scard so I thought it was best avoided (also it was almost £70..) In the end I went for the Eastpak backpack above but in a bluryy floral photo design (I'll show you when I get it). It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was £19.99 from TK Maxx so I plumped for it. I'm pretty excited as I'm going to be able to fit everything in! Including a sports kit for after Uni Zumba classes! Hurray!

Now, these last 3 skirts are all lush, and all from Next! They remind me of my old school uniform - pleated and grey - but are shorter and more stylish! I would like each of these and I would wear them with a roll neck, just like Rachel! Unfortunately, at £20/25 each I cannot afford to buy all three, so I will have to give this dilemma some serious thought so as to decide which one I will purchase!

So, that concludes my back to school wish list, what's on yours?

Kisses,


  

No comments:

Post a Comment