Oh my goodness, how is it May already?! (*when I started writing this post it was, in fact, the first week of May, next week we will be into June, geez slow blogging much?)
Time just seems to be flying past at the moment. (*Seriously.)
Here are my favourite products of the month which I couldn't have got by without.
1. Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Spot Treatment
You may have read herethat I have been having an unusual amount of trouble with spots recently. But these guys have been really great at sorting out my skin.
2. MUA/Love Hearts Lip Gloss/Balms
I originally blogged about this MUA/Love Hearts collaboration yonks ago (See here). But I still absolutely love them. They've been especially helpful this month when I've been hitting the library for 9+ hours a day but haven't been wearing a whole lot of makeup. If I just swipe one of these across my lips I instantly feel a little more put together and the pop of colour helps me feel less gloomy about life! Not only do they smell divine but at £2 a pop, what's not to love!
3. Bio Oil
I've been trying for about a month, almost 2x a day everyday (but not quite) to apply Bio Oil to a spot scar on my face and to stretch marks on the tops of my legs. I haven't really seen a real difference in either of the areas but I think it's something you need to stick to for a couple of months so I will keep you updated!
4. Soap and Glory's Trick and Treatment Concealer
This is amazing! The best concealer I've tried! I have been so impressed with Soap and Glory's makeup I've tried and I would love to try their matte eyeshadows too!
What products have you been continuously reaching for this month? Do you use any of my April favourites?
I am finally beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
This time next week I will be a free woman (save for the two weeks I have to wait to get my result - no biggie, just my DEGREE and all).
Despite getting ever closer to the finishing line, I'm finding it harder and harder to motivate myself. And as more and more people are finishing their exams around me, I am just feeling very sorry for myself.
So, I decided to write this post in order to force myself to appreciate the nice things that I have done recently. Most, if not all these photos are from my flying visit back home to Somerset the other week...
a. All night gaming with my younger bro requires fuel in the form of cookies, cheese twists, BBQ kettle chips and ginger beer.
b. Decorating gingerbread men with my darling little cousin. The splodge of sprinkles on the right one's face makes me chuckle!
c. Funny photo of my dad measuring my younger bro. Ed looks like a giant whilst dad looks like he's a wizard!
d. Pink controller for girls who game.
e. 14th June, seals my fate.
Best of luck to everyone studying for exams, we can do it!!
Another month, another wishlist. I feel like I've mentioned it a hundred times already, but in case you don't know, I'm graduating in July so this wishlist is quite graduation prep heavy!
Here are my most lust after items this May...
1. Folli Follie K Vintage Handbag. I've been in love with this bag for months now (see here) and now they do it in this gorgeous pink!! I wouldn't buy it in this colour (well, not until I can afford it in multiple colours) but I just think that this bag is actually perfect. It has everything a girl needs in a bag. I've promised myself that when I have an income, I will buy myself this bag.
2. Dirty Works Overnight Facial Lift I've really been thinking about wrinkles lately, I am in my early 20s, but firmly believe that wrinkles need to be treated before they appear. So an easy way to do this would be an overnight worker - I love the idea of waking up to radiant skin + Dirty Works is a favourite of mine!
3. Boohoo Heels Love love love these heels from Boohoo. I'm thinking they would be good for my graduation as I have to walk up steps on to a stage! All very scary. But the ankle strap and sensible heel would make me feel secure!
4. Pippa Dee Lace Dress This dress would be perfect for my graduation!
5. VO5 Volumising Products In early June I have my Graduation Ball which I am super excited about! See my dress here. Anyway, I've been thinking about my hair a lot and I would like a lot of volume and romantic curls, so I pretty much want to buy the entire VO5 plump it up and Give Me Texture ranges to help me achieve my perfect hair!
6. Harbour Island Wedges I have just ordered these!!! For £20 from Style Pick, so fingers crossed they will fit!
As I'm typing this the scent of rich chocolatey gooyeness is wafting its way up my nostrils.
In the oven I have my ultimate (only) recipe, Best Ever Brownies. To prove that this is my only recipe, I blogged about these just over a year ago! (See here)
I'm sipping on a tin of Aldi's finest pear cider whilst I wait for this heavenly treat to bake.
The recipe is taken straight from BBC Good Food, link here. I more or less follow the recipe to the T, but I usually get a little bored doing that and so add extra extra chocolate.
If you'd like to make the Best Ever Brownies (Slutty brownies eat your heart out!) here's the recipe...
You Will Need
185g Unsalted Butter
185g Dark Chocolate (I used 200g)
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
50g Milk Chocolate (I used 100g)
50g White Chocolate (I used 100g)
3 Large Eggs
275g Golden Caster Sugar
1. Cut up the butter and pop into a saucepan, break up the dark chocolate and melt.
2. Allow the chocolate/butter mix to cool and heat the oven at 160C or 180C for a fan oven and grease a tin.
3. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
4. Chop up the milk and white chocolate and leave on the side.
5. Break the eggs into another large bowl and tip in the sugar.
Here comes the tricky bit. Hopefully you have an electric mixture mix on full speed for about 3 minutes, the aim is to double the mixture in thickness and when wiggled the beaters should leave a little trail on the surface.
6.Pour the eggy mouse over the cooled chocolate and mix it in a figure of 8 with a rubber spatula.
7. Re-sift the cocoa/flour mixture over the eggy/chocolate and fold in.
8. Finally sprinkle and mix in the chocolate chips.
9. Now pour the brownie mixture into the greased tin and cook for 25 minutes.
10. Once the buzzer has gone, take out the oven and leave to cool before cutting.
So there you have it, my absolute favourite brownie recipe, it really is the best ever!