I am a hopeless romantic, and I love Valentine’s Day.
Yes I know, it’s just a huge commercial trick to ply you in to spending more money just as you are rising out of your post Christmas recession.
But now that you mention it, why not let the person you love know how you feel.
It would be mean not to!
This is a gift guide for girls, but there’s no need to stop at your girlfriend. I know I’ll be getting something for my absolute bestie.
Valentines gifts do not need to be expensive either, I like to think that in this guide there’s something for everyone, no matter what stage your relationship is at.
1. O.P.I.'s Vintage Minnie Mouse collection is the perfect gift for Valentine's day. If you only want to get your sweetheart something small, why no go for Nothin' Mousie Bout it - it's a super cute clear polish with little sparkly hearts!
Retails at £11 each. (Although bargains can be found on Ebay)
2. Rimmel's new Apocalips collection has had nothing but rave reviews. If your gal is a beauty buff, she'll adore these.
Retail at £5.99, on offer with 3 for 2 on Rimmel Products at Boots.
3. What girl doesn't like candles? Pick a romantically titled one such as Love (for all of time).
Retails at £8.50, John Lewis.
4. Oh Tiffany's. I don't think there's a company or brand that better represents ever lasting love than Tiffany&Co.
Their sparkly delights vary from £80 to several thousand.
Your girl will be sure to treasure this forever.
5. Any treat from Benefit Cosmetics will be received with squeals from your one special girl. Why not pick something from their best sellers list, such as Hervana.
Retails at £18, found here.
6. Give the gift that keeps on giving with a subscription to her favourite magazine.
Prices vary, have a look here.
1. Perfume is the perfect gift to buy for your Valentine. Marc Jacobs' Lola is lovely.
Retails at £62.50 for 100ml but some great deals to be found at Fragrance Direct.
2. Earn lifelong brownie points by buying her Mulberry's classic Bayswater bag.
Retails for £995, here.
3. Jewellery from Pandora is beautiful and reasonably priced. Try and steer clear of the charm bracelets (Just because everyone's got one already) and go for something more thoughtful and individual. Such as this cut-out flower ring.
Retails at £65, here.
4. Lancome's Juicy Tubes are a really sweet treat.
Retail at £15.50 at Boots.
5. If you're really brave why not pick out a pretty top for the lucky lady? Stick to classic and feminine styles such as this one from Topshop.
Retails at £40, found online.
6. If you want to pick a functional present, try this funky laptop sleeve by Marc Jacobs. Super stylish and sure to make her the envy of her classmates.
Retails at £50 from Selfridges.
1. Who said you can't buy jewellery without spending a fortune. This lovely brushed heart necklace is the perfect pressie for new Valentine couples.
Retails at £5 from Accessorize.
2. Valentines doesn't have to be all about sexy lingerie Buy your girlfriend some fun, flirty and comfy undies and she'll know you're a sweetie!
Try Topshop, knickers retail at £4 and socks at £3.50.
3. This gorgeous bag from Asos is real leather and so is good quality and stylish without breaking the bank.
4. Hot chocolate and Baileys gift set.
Keep it simple, keep it delicious.
Retails at £10 from Very.
5. Another classic and gorgeous bag from Asos. This stylish clutch is sure to go perfectly with her V-day date outfit.
Retails at £35, here.
6. If all else fails, you can't go wrong with champagne, chocolates and flowers!
But why not be brave and pick something else special too?!
Spread the love.
Now, if only boys were this easy to buy for...