Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Grumps

I’ve been feeling a bit down recently.

I’m one of those people who can let feeling sorry for myself turn into the absolute grumps.

There have been a few things recently that just really haven’t gone the way I had hoped or 
expected, I just feel a little let down I suppose.

I’ve found that in such situations you have two choices:
a) To continue being in a grump, or
b) Snap out of it.

I’ve been doing option one for a couple of weeks now, so I’ve decided to take action.

So, I’ve decided to make a shameless list of what makes me happy to remind myself that I am a happy person, and that my mood should not be so easily affected by the actions of others.

1. Hilary Duff


This is a major guilty pleasure, but who can blame me – have you heard ‘So Yesterday’?!

2. Music from The Holiday


This movie is just so cute and romantic. I love Kate Winslet so much, she’s such a great role model. Anyway, when listening to the sound track I can pretend to be her!

3. Beyonce


Nothing makes me feel like more of a strong and independent woman than belting out Beyonce!

4. Mug of hot milk dunking in a curly wurly


In fact, any Cadburys chocolate bar dipped in a mug of hot milk will make me smile!

5. Reading a mag in bed

If only this was my bedroom!
I just love it when you have a new magazine to get into. I fluff up the pillows on my bed and light a candle and have the best time!

6. Tidying my room to very loud music

I’m a little OCD, just so far as mess stresses me out. So I find it very therapeutic to tidy my room whilst having a sing-a-long!

7. Painting my nails


Enough said.

8. Tanning


Having a bit of colour on my skin always makes me feel better about myself. Of course I’d rather it came from the sun on a beach in Nice but from the bottle isn’t so bad!

9. Comments on my blog 

Cheeky

10. Sunshine


I don’t think there’s a single person out there who doesn’t get a ping of happiness when you wake up to the shining sun.

Thank you for letting me vent!

I hope if you’re ever feeling blue you’ll give one of these a go and feel a little better.







No comments:

Post a Comment