Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Best Ever Brownies (Again)


As I'm typing this the scent of rich chocolatey gooyeness is wafting its way up my nostrils.
In the oven I have my ultimate (only) recipe, Best Ever Brownies.  To prove that this is my only recipe, I blogged about these just over a year ago! (See here)

I'm sipping on a tin of Aldi's finest pear cider whilst I wait for this heavenly treat to bake.

The recipe is taken straight from BBC Good Food, link here. I more or less follow the recipe to the T, but I usually get a little bored doing that and so add extra extra chocolate.

If you'd like to make the Best Ever Brownies (Slutty brownies eat your heart out!) here's the recipe...

You Will Need

(Cider Optional)

185g Unsalted Butter
185g Dark Chocolate (I used 200g)
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
50g Milk Chocolate (I used 100g)
50g White Chocolate (I used 100g)
3 Large Eggs
275g Golden Caster Sugar

1. Cut up the butter and pop into a saucepan, break up the dark chocolate and melt.



2. Allow the chocolate/butter mix to cool and heat the oven at 160C or 180C for a fan oven and grease a tin.

3. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl.


4. Chop up the milk and white chocolate and leave on the side.


5. Break the eggs into another large bowl and tip in the sugar.


Here comes the tricky bit. Hopefully you have an electric mixture mix on full speed for about 3 minutes, the aim is to double the mixture in thickness and when wiggled the beaters should leave a little trail on the surface.


6.Pour the eggy mouse over the cooled chocolate and mix it in a figure of 8 with a rubber spatula.





7. Re-sift the cocoa/flour mixture over the eggy/chocolate and fold in.

8. Finally sprinkle and mix in the chocolate chips.




9. Now pour the brownie mixture into the greased tin and cook for 25 minutes. 


10. Once the buzzer has gone, take out the oven and leave to cool before cutting.




So there you have it, my absolute favourite brownie recipe, it really is the best ever!

Go on, give it a go!



2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!
    I always use the brownie mix out of the packet- now I feel very very lazy!
    Hungry & Lazy!!

    xxxx
    http://rural-metropolis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! This is literally the only time I can use an oven with any success, such a useless cook!

      xxxBxxx

      Delete