Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Candy Shop Dupe? (Not Quite)



If you've visited Hummingbird before, you'll know that I love Deborah Lippmann, especially 'Candy Shop'. Now, I have to be honest, I got a bit excited and ahead of myself with this post - I really thought I had managed to concoct a dupe of 'Candy Shop' but upon uploading the pics and having a look at piccys online I realise that I was slightly mistaken.

But, before this I had been over the moon, like deliriously happy because each time I looked down at my nails it looked like 'Candy Shop'! Yay for me!


So how did I make this beautiful nail? The base was 2 coats of Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream (See my post about that here) and on top I put my housemate's New York Colour 'Lights, Camera, Glitter' - but I think it's quite old because I've not seen in around. (Sad face)

However, as I said - on closer inspection it just doesn't look the same. The pink needs to be more of a dusty rose pink and the sparkles just aren't magic enough!

'Dupe'
Real

The real thing is just sooo much better








So I had been super excited about these nails (hence all 12 photos - sorry!) but I've got to hand it to Deborahh Lippmann, she's got the magic touch.

xxxBxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment