Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Deets Of The Law Ball



Ow, I'm so sad this is over! I've been looking forward to the Law Ball for so long and now I have to wait a whole nother year to go again!



It took place at the Heart of England Centre just outside Birmingham and the theme of the night was the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales which was well presented during the night starting with dark corridors of baby fir trees lit only by fairy lights, then a lady in a castle window with long blonde locks down to the floor and then the main room looked totally magical!

I didn't capture it very well, but there was a backdrop of twinkling stars and on another wall was a dark forest, it really did look and feel amazing!


Now, on to the exciting details of what I wore! I was actually really nervous about what to wear as the dress code was strictly full length and formal which is hard to achieve without spending a bomb!
Originally I had my heart set on a gorgeous red satin sweetheart neckline, fishtale skirt dress from Coast but daddy had a word and suggested that something a little less eye catching might be a better investment as I'm always saying 'I can't wear that I wore it to (insert another event)' - which by the way is an issue made even more problematic with the appearance of facebook and your friends being able to see what you wore when for about the whole past five years!!


Anyway, I eventually found a beauty of a dress in Jane Norman which actually surprised me - I would never have thought to look here for a formal ball dress but I'm so glad we went because it ended up being perfect! The dress was only £60, which yes is a lot of money for Jane Norman but it doesn't look at all cheap and in comparison to the £200 I could have paid in Coast it really was a sweet deal!

Me and my darling friend Jbob

It's especially great as being a student I have seriously low funds, particularly now towards the end of term, so I was really really happy with this purchase! Plus, on an additional practical note - it can be hand washed! Which meant I could wear it, feel fantastic but not have to worry (too much) about not sloshing wine down myself!

Do any of you have formal events coming up? Where do you guys shop for ball dresses? Let me know!   

xxxBxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment