Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Fear Of Running





Good morning everyone!

Today I woke up to lovely sunshine streaming through my curtains, so maybe we're finally getting some Spring weather! (This is unlikely as it was snowing yesterday...What is up with this weather?!)

Anyway, today I wanted to talk to you about a problem I have. The last few days I've been doing work out videos in my room - Top Secret. I don't know why but I don't want anyone to know that I'm working out, I find it embarrassing. Therefore, I tend to do it when my housemate's boyfriend comes over when I know she won't try and enter my room, haha.

So, as part of my workout and get fit plan I would love to go for a run. Last year, when I was super fit and healthy, I went running all the time. But because it has been too long, I'm nervous about going out and not being able to run for very long or looking stupid.

I know this is silly, which is why today I had my alarm set for 7am, in the student district where I live no one (or no one under 25) will be out and about at 7am.

However, I could not leave the house, or even put on my running clothes. I am just so scared to go out running! Which is just so frustrating and stupid.

I don't know how to resolve this issue - do any of you have any suggestions, or have you felt like this in the past?

Or do I just need to stop being such a pansie about this and just leave the flippin' house?






2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I recognise this feeling only too well. You used to be able to just get up and do it and even enjoyed it, but now after not doing it for so long the fear of just stepping out of the house is enough to make you sweat (make you sweat but not get any fitter, unfortunately).

    The best thing to do is just do things a bit at a time. Why not, instead of making it a big date in your diary, just put on something comfy and go for a walk. Then, if you feel ready, do a bit of a jog, for as long as you can or want to and then just walk again. You'll soon realise that no one is watching you and if they are then who cares?! I can probably guarantee that I'm heavier than you and I get myself out on the roads wobbling along as often as I can take it. Sometimes I'll give a little fear about what I look like, but then I just pull myself up a little higher and keep going. Occasionally, when I pass people, especially young teenagers, I either think it or they actually do say something and you know what I say in my head "I may be big, but at least I'm doing something about it".

    Be positive. Love yourself. Do it because you enjoy it and, at the end of the day, if you actually don't enjoy running anymore, don't do it! Find something else that you enjoy doing and you want to do. Don't beat yourself up about it though, that'll just make it all the worse!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so wise Becca! I think I may try going for a walk tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the kind words + the follow!

      xxxBxxx

      Delete