Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

The Fox and Hounds, Farleigh Wick


On Saturday I took a break from the deadlines to travel to the South-West to celebrate my grandad's 80th birthday!

My grandad picked The Fox and Hounds in Farleigh Wick for dinner,  which is about 20 minutes drive from Bath.


It's a classic pub but without being stuffy or dark. The inside is bright with lots of candles. The staff were very friendly too.

The night was extra special because we had ordered a cake to be brought out after desert which meant distracting and delaying grandad from entering the pub whilst my mum took the cake inside!

To start we all shared plates of garlic bread and I had a delicious Chicken Liver Pate with toast and a sweet cranberry sauce. 

For the main course grandad and I both ordered the Hog Roast, however were slightly overwhelmed with what we were presented!


We had both expected to be given slices off the spit roast, not quarter of the hog!!

Nevertheless, we got to it!


For desert I had Rum and Raisin Ice Cream in Brandy Snap Baskets, which is a favourite of mine!

Once the coffee had been served the lights were turned off and the waiter brought in the cake whilst we sang 'Happy Birthday!'. Grandad was completely surprised and loved it!



It was a great meal and I know that it was full of special, funny details that make a memory last forever.

Happy 80th Grandad, here's to your 90th!




No comments:

Post a Comment