Pages

Friday 1 February 2013

Nail Art Theft


As previously mentioned, my camera is broken.
Now, being a blogger being an aspiring blogger I understand that a camera is pretty essential to presenting an enjoyable blog.
But, being a student I understand that I cannot just go and buy anything my heart desires at the drop of a hat. (Or the drop of a camera in this case, dropped and then trampled on - boo.)

However, I will not let this tragedy prevent me from sharing something with you.

I am going to steal borrow from another blogging site...! But I promise, you'll think the crime will be worth it when I show you the goodies!

So without further ado, here is an amazing nail art tutorial from The Beauty Department.



See! Didn't I tell you it would be worth the theft?!

The Beauty Department is a blog with contributions from various people, including star of The Hills Lauren Conrad!

As I'm getting in the mood for V-day I thought I would try this out.

I painted the base with Barry M's Strawberry Ice Cream and used selotape instead of Washi Tape - which I've never actually heard of. Is this an American thing? - And to do the heart detail I painted over with Barry M's inspiringly titled Red Glitter

The selotape worked pretty well and only took a tiny bit of the nail polish off. I think this might have been because I only painted the base layer a few hours before I did the heart.

So if you can't get your hands on this Washi Tape, do not fear!

My housemate S said she thought it was cute but that it would be awful to actually wear on V-day.

What do you think? Too cheesy?





No comments:

Post a Comment